Saturday 26 November 2011

Potential magazine names

 After I decided to do my music magazine on the Rap genre, I had to start deciding the names to use. Below are several names that relates to rap which could be used for my magazine.

Potential Rap magazine names:
  • Flow
  • Blackout
  • The Beat
  • Chronic
  • Fuse
  • Beat
  • Bass
 A bit about Rap:

The genre of my music magazine is Rap, Rap is saying the lyrics in a rhythm in time to the beat. I chose rap as my genre for my music magazine because this is the genre of music that I listen to mostly. This gave me ideas on what to base my magazine on and the type of contents I could put into my magazine.
There are many famous rappers out there today such as Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Kanye West, Eminem, etc.  These people have huge fan bases and are idols to many across the world. Every rapper has a different style for rapping from one another e.g. Lil Wayne raps at a slow pace but Eminem raps at a faster pace.


Some of the artists:

Lil Wayne is a famous rapper born on the 27th September 1982 in New Orleans, Louisiana. He dropped out of school at the age of 14 to concentrate on his musical career which turned out to be a very successful career. Lil Wayne had released 9 solo studio albums and 8 collaboration albums to date, his most recent album the Carter IV was released 29th August 2011 and it was his first album since being released from prison is November 2010. Carter IV turned out to be one of his best albums to date and is Certified as 4x platinum .   Below is one of Lil Wayne's most popular song(Lollipop ft. Static) to date from his album Carter III which was released in 2008:



Eminem is a famous rapper from Warren, Michigen, U.S.A. born on 17th October 1972. He began his rapping career in 1992 and had become one of the world's best selling artist in the 21st century. He is part of a Hip-Hop duo with 'Royce da 5'9"' called "Bad Meets Evil". He has released  released 7 solo studio albums in his career and 3 collaboration albums. Below is one of Eminem's best selling songs from his album recovery:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment