Monday 9 January 2012

Front page construction

This is my chosen picture for the front page and I had to start by fixing the picture and for this i chose to use patch tool.

I started fixing the wall's uneven surface in the background using the patch tool.

I used the patch tool once again to sort out the shadows in the pictures.

Once the shadows and wall was even this is how the picture looked.
I decided to crop out the model so i used the select tool for this.
Once i selected the model i copied the selection and pasted it onto another layer.
I duplicated the orignal picture and desaturated it.
I placed the cropped picture over the desaturated picture to give it the effect shown above. The background has also changed colour to white/Grey and it looks natural.

Now i wanted to enter the magazine name 'Chronic' so used the text tool to do so.
I entered the title which was 'Chronic'
I duplicated the text to make it stand out more.
I started entering the main text.
I entered the second part in a larger size font to make it stand out as it is more important.

I entered the third part in a smaller sized font.
I entered the final bit of the main text in a larger sized font than the third part.
After that i entered another bit of text which is another feature article.
I started chaning the font size and colour to make it go with the house style of the magazine.
Once i finished the second piece of text this is how the magazine looked. I also started entering the feature artist names in the top left hand corner.
I entered the second feature artists name on the top left hand corner of the magazine.
Once i entered both names i aligned them so they had equidistant gaps and used the ruler tool to make sure they were straight.
This is how the text looked after i entered both the names and finished aligning.
Then i wanted to create a seperater between the names so i selected the brush tool and used a small brush size in black colour and made a dot with the brush.

I wanted to free transform the dot into a straight line so i had to use the 'free transform' tool which has a keyboard shortcut of 'CMD + T'.
I free transformed the dot into the straight line and aligned it between both the names.
Once i finished entering the name separators this is how the magazine looked.
Once i finished all of that i noticed that a bit of the glasses is missing from the cropping process so i decided to fix this.

I used the patch tool to fix the glasses.

Once i had finished the glasses i realised there were reflections of the flash on the glass rims so i decided to fix this.
Once i finished removing the reflections on the rims this is how the picture looked.

Then i noticed a flaw from when i cut out the picture of the model, there was a lot of light-reflection from the background that can be seen around the edges of the model's cut out picture.

To fix this i decided to use the sponge tool to desaturate the edges of the picture so the reflections of the original background cannot be seen in the picture.

This is how the picture looked once i finished desaturating the pictures.

Then i decided to enter a barcode so i got an image of the internet and added it as a new layer.

I merged the two layers that belonged to the barcode and renamed it as 'barcode' so i can easily locate the layer if i needed to find it.

Then i selected the brush tool and choose the white colour to colour over the numbers on the barcode to make it empty.

This is how the barcode looked once i finished removing the numbers.

I entered my new numbers to make the barcode different from the rest and i did this using the text tool.

Once i finished with the barcode i entered some text as one of the feature articles in the magazine.

I moved the text around then changed the fonts and colours to make them go with the house-style and look part of the magazine.

I added more text onto the front page to fill in the space and this is how my magazine looked at this stage.
Finally I inserted the price and issue using the text tool. Then I entered the magazine logo above the barcode. This is my finished magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment