Tuesday 28 February 2012

Evaluation Activity 6

Question:
What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

The technology that I used to create my media product were:
  • Adobe Photoshop CS4
  • Adobe Indesign CS4
  • Blogger
  • Internet
  • Nikon D5100 SLR camera 






Adobe Photoshop CS4
Adobe Photoshop( mostly referred to as 'Photoshop' ), is a photo manipulation software. This software allows a user to manipulate a photo in many ways. To begin with I've been using Photoshop for about 3 years before the course but after the course started I discovered more about this software and have developed my understanding and use of all the different tools available. Throughout the entire course I've been learning new things every day about this software and its features.

Here is an example of me using Photoshop- Front page construction


Adobe Indesign CS4
Adobe Indesign CS4 is a publishing software. It allows the user to create work such as; posters, flyers, brouchers, magazine, newspapers, and books.At the start of the course I knew nothing about the course but when it got to creating my double page spread, I used Indesign to help create my double page spread. 


Blogger
Blogger is an blog website which allows the user to create their own blog which could be set up using a Google account. It allows the user to blog whatever they want. It has a lot of accessibility options which allow the user to modify their own blog and make it unique from the rest. You're able to organise your work properly as you can label every post you do which allows you and visitors to navigate through your blog easily.
Blogger allowed me to use colour in my posts so i could highlight all the important things in the posts.

Blogger allows me upload pictures onto my posts which is great as i could show examples of other products or show construction of my work.

Internet
The internet allowed me to do some of my research and gather pictures and idea for my media product. It also allowed me to help create my media product by watching tutorials on 'Youtube' or other websites found on the internet.
This is me using the internet during my research of other magazine's contents pages.
Below is an example of how i used internet to develop my Photoshop skills:

Nikon D5100 SLR
The Nikon D5100 SLR is my camera which I took all the pictures with for my magazine. It's a 16 megapixels camera which allowed me to take picture with good detail which meant when i edited them using 'Photoshop' the pictures didn't lose quality. I learnt a lot about this camera during the photoshoots and it allowed me to take photos whihch looked a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment